Tuesday, August 30, 2011

W4 XT - I Did Not Run

So, I was all "I'm sticking to my schedule this week, I'm going to run etc." And then, I did not run. I planned to. I had time to. I had the energy to, I just didn't, but it was poor planning more then laziness.

I planned to run this afternoon, but I remembered today was "Bring a friend" day at our Tae Kwon Do school, I thought it would be a good day to go back. In addition they were offering a free Zumba class afterward, so I wanted to do that as well. I thought, "A 3 mile run will be a good day ender after all that."

Tae Kwon Do was a good work out, I've lost some flexibility, but overall I did well. I did sweat, but I didn't feel exhausted or incapable. It was good to see some of our old friends and meet the new instructor, who was very nice. Afterwards they had pizza, I had one piece of plain pizza, just like I 'budgeted' for. Next came Zumba, which I found to be easier than I thought it was going to be, I didn't know the choreography, but I caught on. Some of the more intricate footwork was harder, but I managed.

We chatted with the new instructor for a while and then came home. I planned to run, but I was tired. And it's getting a bit cooler out in the evening. I'm trying not to be too hard on myself about it. I could have done it, but if I push my long run to Sunday, there's still time to follow my schedule properly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment