Monday, August 29, 2011

W4: RD1 - Getting Back On Schedule

After 'adventures' with Irene, I did not cross train, in part because of Irene, but also because my quad was still sore, and being unsure of how to proceed, I decided to give it more rest, rather than stretch it or move it the wrong way and risk injuring myself.  As far as Irene, we were really lucky, we lost power for about 16 hours, but we were not evacuated or injured.  This morning I woke up and was tempted  to go right out for a 3 mile run, to make up for the one I missed.


However, after giving it some thought, I decided not to run.  Oh I feel a bit lazy, and a bit like I'm making excuses, but I want to follow the training schedule properly this week.  That means today, I rest.  I may go for a short walk later, but that's it, no running.  At the end of the week I have to face down, not a dozen donuts, but a dozen miles.  I haven't had a donut in a long time.

I'm still trying not to be discouraged about the ten mile incident, but I think until I do my long run this Saturday it's going to be on my mind.  I believe I can do it though and with proper preparation, I will do it well.

No comments:

Post a Comment