Saturday, August 20, 2011

W2: D4 - 9 Mile Long Run

I have never run 9 miles before, and I have to say I'm a bit disappointed in my results.  I finished it, but I finished in 2:21:00, still within 15 minutes, but very nearly 16:00.  I also had a bit of a rough time on the last 2 miles.  It wasn't terrible, but it definitely wasn't as easy as the 7 mile run had been before.

While I am immensely proud that I went that far, because of my speed and the effort involved, I immediately became concerned about how hard next week might be.  But, rather than wallow, I tried to be pro-active.

1. I may have run the first 5 miles a little too fast.  I know better.
2. I tried my first GU this week.  Not terrible, but maybe I should have taken more or less.
3. Maybe I should try the Sports Beans, better texture.
4. I need to learn to pace my drinking, I'd never drank or ate anything on a run before.
5. I need to find the proper place to wear my waist bottle holder thing, and I should have done that before I was going out the door.
6. I need to try and keep better track of my laps, I may have inadvertently added or lost one or two.

Overall, still very proud, I hope next week's 10 miler proves a bit easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment