Tuesday, August 9, 2011

W1: RD1 - Outrunning the Fear

I realized that a lot of what holds me back is fear and doubt.

What if I try to go faster and end up going slower overall?  What if I go faster and can't finish?  What if I hurt myself and end up unable to get to the marathon?

But I realized I have to try.  My comfort zone has always is between sixteen and fifteen minutes per mile and I'm not ashamed because most all, what I want is to be able to go the distance in the time allowed.  

If I don't push myself, I may never realize my full potential.

What if I could run without worrying about not finishing under the time allowed?
What if I could run and not be last?
What if twelve or even ten minutes per mile, really could become my new comfort zone?

Eventually, I will find the answers to the those questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment