Thursday, September 8, 2011

W5: D3 - Doctor's Visit

My doctor's visit proved to be less than fruitful.  As far as my left foot he explained that I was simply doing too much and I should not be running 12 miles, nor should I be considering a half marathon in late November or December.  I explained that the program I was on was a gradual build up over a long period of time, but he didn't listen.

We moved on to my right foot, which I hurt during Haidong Gumdo, I landed hard on the big toe joint.  The area is still a bit sore if I push on it, but overall, it doesn't bother me much.  Although, when lovely doctor decided to press on it over and over, after my very clear, "Yes, it hurts there's," it hurt more.  For that he insisted I get an X Ray.  He was sure it was probably arthritis or gout.  I tried to tell him the area only started hurting after I tripped hard on it, but again, my information and opinion were of little value.
I'm Getting a New Doctor, Preferably This One

At X Ray World, they don't tell you the results there, they fax them to the doctor, the doctor reviews them, and then you get a phone call in 2-3 days, unless something is broken, then you get a call in 1.  Seems like an excellent system.  /sarcasm.

No comments:

Post a Comment